Some folks think that the onslaught of blogs and social media sites makes it more difficult to get your voice heard. While it's true that the noise is much louder, the opportunity to get your voice or your company's voice heard in social media is still not only possible, it's great if you have content that people are looking for.
We've just surpassed 100,000 ikustaldi azaroan on Martech, an all-time record and moving us into an elite category of marketing blogs that get over 1 million visitors per year. (Note: the chart below isn't tracking all-time… only from when we started using WordPress Stats)
So how did we do it? I've been telling people my entire career (even before online) that a key to great marketing is to use multiple mediums to promote your product or service. You can't pump all your money into one medium… you're not only limiting the audience, but you're also severely limiting the means in which your voice is heard. For 5 years, Martech was a text-based blog. I didn't have the resources or time to use other mediums, so I just worked to optimize that medium.
This year; however, has been very different. Here are all the different initiatives we've worked on:
- Over the last year we've recorded a astero irratsaioa (off today because of the US holiday). We've had week after week of talking to the greatest marketing minds in the industry and the show has grown – with thousands of listeners each month.
- An sartu genuen email marketing program that continued to drive visitors back to the blog. This is currently getting reworked as we migrate to our newest sponsor, Delivra, but it's been an incredibly great tactic. If your blog doesn't have an email program, start it today! We're working on some tools for WordPress users in that area… keep checking up on us!
- Gure garatzaileak, Stephenek, hainbat plugin lan egin zuen - tartean Youtube alboko barrako widgeta, WordPress komunitatearen arreta handia lortuz.
- Gure irratsaioa erreserbatzearekin batera, Jenn etengabea izan da Twitter, Facebook eta LinkedIn sareetan erakartzen eta sare sozialetako trafikoa lehertu egin da askotan gure bilaketa trafikoa gaindituz each month! We're now using Bufferrerako elkarrizketa horiek linean erregulatzen eta mantentzen laguntzeko.
- StumbleUpon bezalako laster-marka eta aurkikuntza guneek trafiko ugari bidali digute eta, beraz, mezu sozialetan partekatzeko botoiak sartzea jendeak jendea gure edukia sareekin partekatzea errazteko taktika bikaina izan da trafiko berria gurera eramateko.
- Gunea ere modu aktiboan sustatzen dugu publizitate aurrekontu txikiak on Facebook and LinkedIn to very specific audiences. I'm not sure there's much of a return on investment there, but it's a good branding engagement to keep Martech top of mind with our target audience of CMOs and directors of Marketing.
- We've incorporated polls actively to engage our readers. Zoomerang has been an incredible sponsor and really helped us capture visitor interest and opinion, providing us with additional content ideas every week. A basic Zoomerang account is free, so I'd encourage anyone to use it! One word of caution is that you may not receive an overwhelming response from your poll. While people love to read blogs, they don't always participate.
- We've developed Marketin Infografia bientzat Delivera (Oporretako posta elektronikoko praktika onenak) eta Zoomerang (Kontsumitzaileak eta SMB Sare sozialen inkestaren emaitzak) eta askatu egin ditu Martech Zone enpresekin ditugun babes paketeen barruan. Infografiak zoragarriak dira entzuleengana iristeko, badakizu leverage horiek!
- Bloga artearen egoera batera eraman genuen WordPress hosting enpresa, WPEngine a-rekin konbinatuta Content Delivery Network StackPath CDN-ren bidez, Amazon baino CDN askoz azkarragoa.
- Azken eragina eta handiena: eduki originala eta baliotsua! Marketing eta teknologiako gainerako blogek istorio berrienaren inguruan borrokatu nahi duten bitartean - edo okerrago - regurgitate Hala ere, etengabe lan egiten ari gara jasotzen ari zarela ziurtatzeko informazio baliotsua, positiboa eta egingarria industria.
Zer da gero? Gure agentzia is kicking off some education curricula with a couple of Universities and major companies. We're going to work those lessons into Webinars and training courses for our readers. This will allow us to go beyond the conversation and really drill down and get you some great results. Be on the lookout for some additional videos, webinars and ebooks coming your way!
Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the United States and I appreciate all of the support that you've given us! Thank you!